Mission logo

Mission logo

Monday, August 5, 2013

Taiwan Week 57: Pingdong, The Land Of Milk And Honey

Dear family and friends,
 
I am absolutely loving it here in Pingdong! The people here are famous for being nice. And it is so crazy. They are so nice. I'm loving it.
 
Last Tuesday we had DTM. I love my district. It's us four Elders and Sister Liu and Sister Liao. Sister Liu served with me in Tainan and co-taught the Ke family. And Sister Liao is going to serve at Temple square, but she's waiting for her Visa. So she's going to do a full training here. We have a sweet district.   We went English proselyting and has so much success. We added 20 people for English!   We have this Pan Dixiong investigator. He asks so many really deep questions. I love it so much because he actually asks questions! But they're really hard to answer and hook into the lesson. They're super deep.
 
Wednesday we got to be in a Threesome with Elder Limpanasriphong because Elder Bardsley went to Donggang. They only have two Taiwanese Elders, so we do splits on Wednesdays to teach they're advanced class. But this week CHUSON from Nantou is coming down to help out and be a short term missionary! I'm so excited! His English is better than mine. But we still might keep switching to help train him how to use our program. I think I'm going down this week. So I'm way excited.  But anyway we had so many miracles on the street with Elder Limpanasriphong. And then that night we had an ok turnout. They usually get over 100 students here! But last week was a low. I love the beginner class though.
 
Thursday was a pretty hot day. And we were all really tired. So we took every chance to get inside. I got to meet some really nice less actives. Everyone is new to me! Haha. I also got to meet a Xie investigator. He's super sweet too. He owns this shop that sells stuffed animal bears. It's crazy cool.
 
Friday we met with the most golden investigator ever. Everything we taught him was golden in his ears. He said he wants to get baptized and be a part of God's eternal family. He said he'll be willing to obey any commandment because it's what God wants for him to be happy. But he's moving! He actually left today. I was really sad. But he's going to try to keep working with the missionaries in Taibei.
 
Saturday I got to meet some of our RC's here. They're really cool. One is this really cute old man. He can't hear well, and might be losing his mind a bit. Apparently he's gotten a little slow in the past few weeks. Poor guy. That night the Sisters had a baptism! Also a super amazing woman that self contacted the missionaries after having a huge urge to talk to them a week before on the train but got too scared.
 
Sunday was amazing. The ward here is super strong. We had a sweet Kang investigator come to church. He is a good looking fellow. He's just so smooth in speaking and everything. And he's extremely willing to learn as well. He's already come 3 times and keeps coming back because he loves it. He's working towards a goal as well. We got to watch the worldwide leadership broadcast last night. Super sweet things are happening to missionary work! And the Hengchun Elders came to watch with us and then slept at our house. Six of us. It was so much fun.
The Ke family in Tainan called me last night! Elder Greer is there now and gave them my phone number. So they called! It was super amazingly amazing! I miss them so much.
 
This place is amazing. I love it here. I'm so excited for this next week. I miss you all! I hope that package comes soon. I'm really excited. Please keep writing! Until next week!
 
Love, Elder Anthony Kai Buckwalter

No comments:

Post a Comment