Mission logo

Mission logo

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Week Seven

Dear Friends and Family,

I honestly don't know what happened this last week. Where did it go?! So weird. Time is really starting to fly by, and I'm still in the MTC. I can't wait to finally fly out to Taiwan! We're supposed to get our travel plans this Thursday! That'll be so weird and exciting! Why are airports to epic?! Oh yeah, so come 2 weeks, I won't be at the MTC anymore. Just a heads up so you know where to send mail and stuff. But not until mid May.

So last Tuesday we had Elder Nelson come speak to us for Devotional. I can't believe how lucky I've been here. They say Apostles come usually every 3 or 4 weeks. But since I've been here, I've listened to 4. I absolutely love it! Elder Nelson talked about the 9 basic doctrine that needs to be taught to investigators. I'm sorry, but I can't remember them at the moment. But I do remember this: whenever the word "doctrines'' is said in the scriptures, it's always talking about false teachings and lies. Whenever the word ''doctrine'' is said, it's truth and God's teachings. See the difference? I'll give you a hint, one has an ''S'' at the end. So when we teach and talk about the teachings, it's the doctrine of Christ. Not doctrines. And I think it went very well with what Sister Nelson had to say. We are spreading the greatest news ever. What do we know that others don't? Pretty deep question, huh?

All the new missionaries finally came! I can't explain how exciting that was for all of us who have been here for 7 weeks. Oh by the way, my subject is how you say ''new missionaries.'' I could tell a few of you had some confused looks when you read that. Anyway, their first night here, we pretty much overloaded them to the point of crying. I just sat there as 3 or 4 missionaries gave more and more advice to this companionship in their residence hall. The look on their face was priceless! But yeah, it's really exciting having more than twice the amount of missionaries than before. I love helping them find their way around and answering questions about chinese.

A little over 3 weeks ago, Elder Plate and I challenged one of our investigators to be baptized. He liked the idea and wanted to prepare! So the his baptism date was set for this Saturday. A few lessons ago, we asked him if he was feeling ready, and he is! He knows the church is true and wants to be baptized. I'm so excited! So his baptism this Saturday! I'm practically exploding with joy. What an amazing blessing for him.

Since we're now entering our last few weeks and we have the new group of missionaries here, our teachers said they're going to be much more intense on us. And from that point on, we dove into no mercy. If we do something wrong with our teaching, they stop us, tell us what we did wrong, and then tell us to do it right. It's intimidating but so exciting! I really feel so pumped after every lesson because it's like language and gospel teaching boot camp. And our mission purpose is our boot camp mission statement.

Just last night as we were wrapping up our lesson in class, we were just talking about teaching moments. Elder Plate brought up our moment with our investigator ready to be baptized. And while he was speaking, he referred to me as ''Elder Buckwalter.'' As always. But this time hit me so much more than ever before. Elder Buckwalter. I am a missionary. I'm out here inviting as many people as I can to come unto Christ and be a part of His church and His restored gospel. How powerful of a knowledge is that? What an amazing blessing. I love every moment I have. I love serving the Lord.

I love you all. Remember to write me. I love getting updates on all my family and friends! Remember, the Lord loves each and every one of us!


Love, Elder Anthony Buckwalter

No comments:

Post a Comment