Mission logo

Mission logo

Monday, November 19, 2012

Taiwan Week 25: Hey Nantou

Dear family and friends,

So there have been some changes. As you can probably see in the subject, I have been moved back to my old zone! Not my old area because Elder Harrison Nickell is training there! So we're now back in the same zone. I'm in Yuanlin. I came here once on a zone scramble for a day. And now I'm here! My new companion is Elder Stone. I'm way excited to start working here.

Well now for what went down last week. It was a struggle. A lot of our lessons fell through. But our investigator that came to the baptism met with us. He's doing really well, but can't meet for a while and isn't entirely sure if he'll want to be baptized yet.

Wednesday was cold. Really cold. I don't know where it came from. So our plan for a finding day didn't work out so much since the streets were pretty empty. But we were able to sit with the seaweed wrap owner and share a message about prayer. He said he already prays every night, but when we taught him to close the prayer in the name of Jesus Christ, he said he felt so much better afterwards. That night at English all the little kids had a costume party and came to the other classes to do trick or treating. It was so cute. They also sang with us. Afterwards we had pumpkin pie.

Thursday we went down to Qieding to visit the Ke family. They were pretty busy. So we didn't get to share much. But they're still doing really well. We then got to meet with a less active. He's the son of a really active guy that is so awesome. So we sat with both of them. The son is really cool. We see him every week when we go to email. He's just busy with work because he just finished with the military.

We were informed that our zone was doing some kind of puppet show at a blood drive on Saturday. So on Friday we all got together to practice it. It's all about the dangers of smoking. It was so interesting. It was all to a recording, so we just had to move the mouths. We also practiced songs we were going to sing as well. That night all of our lessons didn't show up and we were dropped by a boy because his parents didn't allow him to meet with us. That was a pretty sad.

Saturday we went to Dong qu for the blood drive. The puppet show was pretty interesting in front of this large crowd outside. But it was still pretty good. Then we sang. And then I got to donate blood! That was so unexpected, but a lot of fun. It was way hard doing the interview because the doctor didn't speak English and spoke all these Chinese medical words very fast. I've never given blood so fast though.   That night I had a sweet experience. There's this kid that was referred to us by a member in Yongkang. He was very golden when we first met him. But then he disappeared for over two weeks. The member told us not to drop him though. So we just keep calling him and hoping he answers. So when I called him, he answered. He said he'd been having some problems recently and needed us to pray for him. Then he said he will get back in contact with us soon. It was a really touching moment. He knew this gospel will help him.   Then right after that, Elder Smith had the impression to call a less active. He answered and said he needed us to pray for him too. Two really amazing phone calls in a row!

Sunday I told the ward that I was leaving, so I got some pictures with some people, including the Ke family. That night we visited a friend that has been a former for a long time that cuts our hair. I told him I was leaving and he said a prayer with us. As far as I know, he has never agreed to pray before. So that was really cool and a step towards progression! Then I packed up.

Now I'm here in Yuanlin! It feels good to be back in the mountains. I can't wait to start getting to work! I love you all! Thank you all for the wonderful support! I'm so excited to hear where Nathan is called to serve! I still need Michael's address by the way.

 

Love, Elder Anthony Buckwalter

No comments:

Post a Comment