Mission logo

Mission logo

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Little Miracles

Dear family and friends,

It was a very lopsided week. It wasn't eventful that much during the week, but had a lot near the end. Tuesday I got a random call from the Ke family in Tainan! I don't know how they got my number, but it was pretty sweet nonetheless. We had a good DTM on Effective Study. It was pretty fun. After that and english proselyting, Elder Teerlink and I went to my favorite bread store, Donutes, and ate a nice bread dinner and took it a little slow. We both had massive headaches. The rest of the night was pretty rough with some lessons cancelling.

Wednesday was also a rough day. We got lost looking for some less actives and formers and time disappeared from us. English was fun though. We talked about directions. It was really funny talking about the difference between America's and Taiwan's traffic laws. Then I simulated a roller coaster and told them which way to turn. I guess it was more like "The fast and the furious classroom edition" It was so funny.

Thursday we got to sit with a less active at his hair salon. He has a perm now. It's pretty sweet. And he confirmed for church! It's just getting up that worries him. I got to help Elder Lieske pass off his phase 1 and Elder Teerlink did this interesting recording thing for an investigator. Elder Teerlink is now the English voice for their PowerPoint of their corporation. Worldwide status too.   Then we went to dinner with the Lin family. They took us to a beef noodles place that was actually pretty good. Then they took us to a dessert place. I really can't describe Douhua besides bean curd yogurt stuff with red bean and pearls in a super sweet liquid. It was good though!   Then we biked out to Yanpu to visit and RC. He's doing alright, but has been lonely. He's all by himself.

Friday I honestly can't remember. It was a long day. We were just outside all day. Saturday was all over the place. We had a ton of lessons fall through right at the last minute. Thankfully, they called us to cancel and didn't just leave us hanging. But we went to James' house and sat with him. He's doing really good. He's just nervous around people. He's still working on hitting his goal. Kang Zhe Wei is doing really good too. He's the new 2nd counselor in the young men's presidency!

Sunday was a cool morning. All the investigators we had confirmed didn't come. But one of our investigators was able to make it. We actually haven't even had a chance to sit with him yet. But he's come to church twice. He's an english student of mine. He can only stay for Sacrament Meeting and then has to leave immediately. But then he asked how long it goes till and I said noon. Then he said he'll adjust his schedule so he can stay for the whole time next week! He's super cool and is way down to come to church.   Last night we made a lot of nachos. A lady in the ward helped us buy stuff from Costco.

And today Kang Zhe Wei took us to Sandimen. That's where all the aborigines live. It was super beautiful. I got pictures, but I have no time to upload them!

It was a good week. I enjoyed it a lot. I hope this week we keep seeing all the little miracles! I love you all! I hope you're enjoying the snow. I'm still sweating everyday. I miss you all!
 
Love, Elder Anthony Kai Buckwalter

No comments:

Post a Comment